SAVE THE DATE:
The Interfaith Thanksgiving Service
“Where Do We Find Gratitude”
Sunday, November 21st at 4:30 p.m. PST
More Details TBA
The annual Thanksgiving Service takes place on the Sunday before Thanksgiving and is a special time for members of different faith communities to come together in the spirit of gratitude.
Click below to watch last year’s program:
COMPASSION IN GLOBAL TRANSFORMATION
Interfaith Council of Southern Nevada
During this time of political divisiveness, economic uncertainty, and concern for our physical and spiritual well-being, we must make a decision about how we are going interact with each other.
As a follower of Jesus Christ, it is important to me to understand that loving one another is as paramount today as it was when Christ walked the earth. He expects His disciples to act with kindness and show understanding and love to all of His children, no matter their opinions and perspectives.
To truly transform our society means that we must become unified and become, individually and collectively, a holy and just people. We can’t wait for some future event to occur to make these things happen—we must make them happen now.
May I suggest 8 steps we can take:
1. May we seek to be mortal ministers to those around us.
2. May we seek to deal compassionately and with patience and generosity with each other.
3. May we seek to authentically engage with our enemies if we want peace
4. May we seek for a greater passion for justice.
5. May we seek to understand that which is beyond the horizon of our own worldview
6. May we seek to disagree without being disagreeable.
7. May we seek to return to grace, civility and dignity in public life.
8. May we seek for healing peace and comfort to settle upon everyone, particularly those who feel marginalized or lost.
In The Book of Mormon we read, “And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.”
Then we will remember that, in the same way as the Savior, we ourselves are one of the best gifts that we can give to other people in need.
See below for photos from previous Thanksgiving Service Celebrations.
Interfaith Thanksgiving Celebration at the Gurdwara Baba Deep Singh Ji
Interfaith Thanksgiving Celebration at Congregation Ner Tamid
Video footage of the Interfaith Thanksgiving Service held at Community Lutheran Church