- This event has passed.
Interfaith Forum – How My Religion Helps My Generation Face Today’s Challenges
November 5 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Participants are under the age of 30
Today’s youth face a cacophony of challenges related to economic uncertainty, population growth, exploding technology, climate change, chronic international conflict and rapidly changing social values. Each panelist will share the ways in which their religion helps them chart their course.
Center for Spiritual Living, Greater Las Vegas
1420 E. Harmon Ave.
Las Vegas, NV 89119
- Buddhism: Mr. Kevin Baculi, SGI Nichiren Buddhism, Las Vegas Region Young Men’s Vice Leader
- Catholicism: Ms. Yaneli Corral, Youth Leader, Holy Spirit Catholic Church
- Islam: Ms. Sofia Schersei, Masjid Ibrahim; Coordinator, IFCSN Youth Interfaith Network
- Methodist: UNLV Graduate Student
- The Baha’i Faith: Ms. Natalia Beheshti, Member, Children’s Class Coordinator
- Religious Science: Ms. Kayleigh Marshall, Youth Member, Center for Spiritual Living Greater Las Vegas
Moderator: Mrs. Elham Khomassi
About the Interfaith Forums
In a world torn apart by religious misunderstanding, the goal of the Interfaith Forums is to provide an experience where people can hear different religions’ perspectives in an environment of mutual respect. It is a time and place to hear and be heard. In the course of nearly two decades, the forums have helped forge strong relationships between members of Southern Nevada’s diverse religious communities.
The forums are followed by a time for socializing and refreshments provided by the host congregation.
All forums are open to the public at no cost.