Interfaith Forum – The Open Forum (A chance to ask the questions you’ve always wanted to ask)
November 12 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
After 3-minute introductory statements on any faith related topic they wish: (e.g.: something current in the media; a misrepresented teaching, a prejudice, a new development in their religion, etc.) panelists will respond to written questions concerning ANY religiously related topics audience members may wish to ask. (Time permitting.)
Islamic Society of Nevada
4730 E. Desert Inn Rd
Las Vegas, NV 89121
- Romani: Ms. Melissa Eggstaff, Brabarni
- Islam: Dr. Zia Qazi, Director, Islamic Society of Nevada
- Humanism: Mr. Mel Lipman, Past Nat’l President, American Humanist Association
- Episcopalian: Reverend James Wallis, Ph.D., Grace in the Desert Episcopalian Church
- Family Federation: Reverend Andy Compton, International Peace Education Ctr., Education Director
- Spiritual but Not Religious: Mr. Marvin Gawryn, Executive Director, Interfaith Council of Southern Nevada
Moderator: Rev. Cyndi DeLong
About the Interfaith Forums
In a world torn apart by religious misunderstanding, the goal of the Interfaith Forums is to provide an experience where people can hear different religions’ perspectives in an environment of mutual respect. It is a time and place to hear and be heard. In the course of nearly two decades, the forums have helped forge strong relationships between members of Southern Nevada’s diverse religious communities.
The forums are followed by a time for socializing and refreshments provided by the host congregation.
All forums are open to the public at no cost.