Interfaith Forum – The Open Forum (A chance to ask the questions you’ve always wanted to ask)
November 11 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
After 3-minute introductory statements on any faith related topic they wish: (e.g.: something current in the media; a misrepresented teaching, a prejudice, a new development in their religion, etc.) panelists will respond to written questions concerning ANY religiously related topics audience members may wish to ask. (Time permitting.)
Grace in the Desert Episcopal Church
2004 Spring Gate, Las Vegas, NV 89134
- Judaism: Rabbi Sanford Akselrad, Congregation Ner Tamid
- Islam: Imam Mujahid Ramadan, Prison Chaplain
- Humanism: Mr. Mel Lipman, Past Nat’l President, American Humanist Association
- Episcopalian: Reverend James Wallis, Ph.D., Grace in the Desert Episcopalian Church
- The Baha’i Faith: Mrs. Elham Khomassi, Member
- Spiritualism: Mary Lou Anderson. Energy/Light Worker
Moderator: Mr. Gard Jameson, President, Interfaith Council Board of Directors
About the Interfaith Forums
In a world torn apart by religious misunderstanding, the goal of the Interfaith Forums is to provide an experience where people can hear different religions’ perspectives in an environment of mutual respect. It is a time and place to hear and be heard. In the course of nearly two decades, the forums have helped forge strong relationships between members of Southern Nevada’s diverse religious communities.
The forums are followed by a time for socializing and refreshments provided by the host congregation.
All forums are open to the public at no cost.