The Interfaith Council Community Discussion talks about all things concerning religion, spirituality, and science as it relates to our own personal journey, community, and world.
Time: 2nd Tuesday of every month from Noon – 1 pm alternating between two locations.
- January 10th, March 14th, May 9th, July 11th, September 12th, November 14th, 2017 at Community Lutheran Church
- February 7th, April 11th, June 13th, August 8th, October 10, December 12th, 2017 at Baha’i Center of Las Vegas.
During this sensitive political moment, interfaith dialogue offers the opportunity to have real and respectful conversation about a variety of perspectives. Come join us each month for this friendly, open dialogue that gives us the opportunity to understand these different perspectives. Get a deeper understanding of your own faith, belief systems, and ideologies. Share what you have learned with others. Listen to the ideas and experiences of others. Create peace by learning about different faith and belief traditions.
All are welcome to join and the group is moderated to ensure respectful dialog. Cost is free and donations to the work of the Interfaith Council are gratefully accepted.
IFCSN Guidelines for participation at the monthly meetings
• It is assumed that people deeply hold their religious beliefs. Therefore, in a spirit of mutual respect, we may agree to disagree on each other’s points of view.
• At these monthly meetings, we seek to enhance our knowledge of the faith/path traditions of others. To do this, we seek to create an environment in which people feel free to share their spiritual beliefs and in which we truly hear each other.
• Attendees agree to participate in order to share, explore, educate and learn.
• Attendees agree to participate not to debate, convert, proselytize or judge.
• Attendees are encouraged to enlighten the group as to the realities of their faith/path traditions and dispel myths and misinformation.
• The goal of the monthly meeting presentations is greater harmony and increased respect for all spiritual paths.
• Please keep questions and comments until everyone has had an opportunity to share.
• No one is required to speak.